Friday, February 1, 2013

A feeling most of us have known




Just because it is perfect & I like it

The lyrics from
"Love Hurts"
composed by Boudleaux & Felice Bryant
performed by Gabriela Guncikova & Meryland

Love hurts, love scars, love wounds and marks
Any heart not tough or strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud holds a lot of rain.
Love hurts. Oooh,love hurts
I'm young I know, but even so
I know a thing or two. I've learned from you.
I've really learned a lot, really learned a lot.
Love is like a flame, it burns you when it's hot.
Love hurts. Oooh, love hurts

Some fools think of happiness,
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves, I guess,
But they're not fooling me.

I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true.
Love is just a lie, made to make you blue.
Love hurts. Oooh, love hurts.
Oooh, love hurts.
Oooh, love hurts.

3 comments:

Armindo Tavares said...

Nice!

Armindo Tavares said...


Song of my adolescence.

Fram Actual said...

It is fascinating how many performers have recorded this song, Armindo. I had never heard this young lady sing before, and love the sound of her voice and the sense of authenticity she gives to "Love Hurts."

Listening to her, I thought of others who have sung it in the past, became curious and did a bit of research. Did you know it is almost 53 years since it was first recorded? More than half a century? By the Everly Brothers in July 1960? That is really amazing to me. It is a beautiful and haunting song, and I never tire of hearing it. I hope is lasts another 53 years.

Long live rock and roll.

Something special ....