Saturday, February 16, 2013

Adrift on the River Styx

Behold, the single-masted sailboat embarking with passengers to explore the River Styx during the summer of 2012. For some, it was their last voyage. I wonder what the summer of 2013 will bring? Oh, yes. The music for our river voyage is "Out of My Mind," performed by Who Cares. The first words of the song form the last words of this post. I am certain you will recognize the band members (he says with a laugh), one of whom crossed over the river only a few days after the release of this song ....

Real music & real life still exist .... barely

Picture in your mind four houses on one side of a street and three houses on the other side of the street. In the past four months, among those seven houses there have been three deaths, one birth and one divorce. No two incidents have taken place in the same house. That means two houses have experienced nothing remarkable and five have experienced something either very good or something very bad. Well, you get my drift.

I am in one of the two house which has experienced nothing. I am sort of holding my breath. At the same time, I am sort of laughing. Sooner or later, life will overtake me one way or another -- as it does all of us -- but, I always have been the type to wear a smile and to say, "Dare you," to anyone who steps into my path. I should have been dead two or three times with that attitude, but Freyja looks over me and after me with a laugh of her own, and my Manitou has much wisdom and experience.

Freyja and Ecclesiastes have all the answers, and having an ancient Manitou by my side sometimes makes all the difference.

Never mind me. I am sort of moody this evening. Or, maybe, as the song goes:

It took a while but it drove me senseless
Now they say I’m non compos mentis
Little wonder I’m still here at all
Staring out from the guilt free on the wall
 

6 comments:

Daliana Pacuraru said...

Maybe somewhere, someone, wants to live forever....but....'It's all decided for us'.
And again....
/Forever is our today/
Who waits forever anyway?/
Wonderful, Fram! Thank you!

Fram Actual said...

I wonder if it is better to die when one is in love as opposed to when one is not. I suppose most people would think it makes no difference. Death is death.

I associate this song with the love between two disrupted by the death of one. In any case, I think I would prefer to be in love when I die.

I also think -- or, at least, have thought at times -- that I would like to live forever. On the other hand, there are times I think I have lived forever.

And, finally, Daliana, I also think I can wait forever for the right today.

Smareis said...

Olá Fram,

Imagens muito bela.
Que bom se pudéssemos ser eterno. Viver pra sempre, e com um grande amor...Pensando bem não seria bom assim, mais justo seria se pudéssemos poder escolher. Será que seria bom isso!

Gostei do vídeo.



Depois de um tempinho ausente do blog estou de volta.Já tem postagem nova.
Deixo um grande abraço!
Ótima semana!

Refletindo com a Smareis---Clique Aqui----

Fram Actual said...

You only live twice:
Once when you are born
And once when you look death in the face

James Bond (Ian Fleming)
"You Only Live Twice"

Living forever or, at least, more than once is a thought that fascinates me, Smareis. I suppose it does many people, especially those who accept the after-earthly-life concept of many religions. I think it is likely a soul, a spark, a light lives on after our earthly existence has ended -- and, perhaps, has been present since the creation of the universe. Beyond that, there is only blind hope.

Although, perhaps, living not forever but simply twice is a sort of realization of life -- moving from a superficial state of mind to one that occurs due to a catharsis -- such as an episode like the one suggested by the erstwhile spymaster.

A Cuban In London said...

Jon Lord, legend! Cheers, mate.

Greetings from London.

Fram Actual said...

It is great to see you again, CiL. Our paths do not cross often these days. I will try to do better in the future. My only excuse is that, for whatever reason, my appetite for exploring and roaming the blogs has diminished greatly. I am one of the lost boys these days.

The son of a man from my Cuba Libre incarnation found me on the blogs not long ago. Now, you make an appearance here. My memories roam far and wide.

Yes, Lord Jon Lord. Speaking of memories, I remember the first time I heard Deep Purple. It does not seem like only yesterday; it seems like three or four lifetimes ago. Maybe, it was.

Again, I am glad you have been here to see me, CiL. I will repay your visit soon.

Something special ....