Wednesday, May 28, 2014

You want it painted what? .... hmm hmm hmm


Memorial Day came and went unnoticed this year for me. I was not in the mood for political speeches, six-gun salutes or television news outlets trying to convince viewers they could huff and puff patriotism better than their competitors. In a year or two, the pendulum will swing back and I will join in the parade to a cemetery again. In the meanwhile, during the holiday weekend I continued to concentrate at getting everything in my life in order that I want to be in order. (I am becoming more and more focused and serious as time passes.) Along those lines, "my barn" and several exterior elements to the house and the patio were painted and/or otherwise updated and improved. Notice the painter, in the top photograph applying the first coat of paint/stain to my barn and, in the second photo, giving it a second coat of red. Can you see the difference? (It was tempting to have it painted black.) Anyway, while watching the painter at work, it occurred to me I am falling into a pattern, although I swear it is an unintentional one. It involves my doctor, my insurance agent, my dentist, my investment counselor, my lawyer and, now, my painter/handyperson: They all are women; they all are blonde women. Funny, the way things just seem to happen without even thinking about them .... hmm hmm hmm hmm ....


No comments:

Something special ....