Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"Maybe we'll be each other's friend, before we say goodbye ...."

One for the money ....
Two for the show ....
Three to get ready ....
Four to .... I said, four to .... four?

Where are you, four ??

So, I have been away from the blogs for a day shy of three weeks. Neither I nor the rest of the world seems to have changed significantly during that time. A few have died, a few have been born. Greed and cruelty still exist as, fortunately, so do altruism and goodness. I am fond of Ecclesiastes, and as that ancient preacher wrote: "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."

Nope. Sure is not ....

I frequently mention that the photograph/illustration, the written words and the music I use in a post usually have some manner of connection or association. In this instance, they represent minor changes for me since my last post:

I purchased three more pistols, two of them among the three Glocks shown here. The third Glock present is a trusted and proven companion of mine. Are they not beautiful? Well, efficient, anyway. Most modern firearms have little beauty associated with them. To my eyes, at least. Modern guns are designed for functionality and sex appeal, the latter being a bit ridiculous .... again, to my eyes, at least.

As for "four to go," that is for another day, another story, another post .... another race, if you recognize the metaphor and the origin of that phrase.

As for the music, an "old friend" of mine sent me a link to the song, "Bang, Bang." My friend wrote that listening to this song caused her to think of me .... hmmmm .... I am not certain, but, listening to the closing lines, she may have been sending me sort of an invitation. I am not sure who first recorded the piece, but it seems to me Cher made it famous once upon a time. By coincidence, between the last post and this one, I went to a concert, the first in a long, long while. You guessed it, the one, the only, Cher. I had not seen her perform since I was in the Marine Corps in California.

I am not sure how to explain "Breezy’s Song" beyond its sheer beauty and its touch of magic. If I ever had been aware of the film from which this piece originated, I had forgotten it. I came across the film midway through it on television a few days ago, and watched the last segments of it. While I enjoy the film work of William Holden, Kay Lenz and Clint Eastwood, it was the song which overpowered me and I sort of fell in love with it. I even used the last line of the lyrics as a title for this post.

The two songs actually are very similar, although the sound of them is very different.

So, now. The photograph/illustration and the music are explained through the written words, although I am not sure there is any rhyme, reason or logic for this blend. Are there more words to add? I wrote that I would return to the blogs in July. July has arrived, as have I, so I suppose I should say, "Welcome, and greetings, July." July, for me, is the month of two marriages and two divorces (How is it possible for the stars to have been aligned to have created such an absolute absurdity?); the month of my baptism to combat; the month of one birth.

And, I could say that I think being away from the blogs about three weeks has been good for me. It has been a period of escapism for the most part and, I think, it has nudged me closer to making a few decisions.




1 comment:

Fram Actual said...

My, how time flies ....

I think the twenty-four-hour rule is appropriate for this post ....

Three weeks, actually .... in a sense ....

Next time, maybe .... sort of maybe ....

I am in an ambiguous mood, I guess ....

Something special ....