Wednesday, September 10, 2014

All these things that don't change





I have posted these songs before. I prefer the original artists/versions, but feel closer to these renditions this evening. They have been "playing in my mind" during the past few days. Some songs are ageless, timeless, endless ....

Here are some words, none of them mine, but they run parallel to my own thoughts:

"You must know your weaknesses and strengths and maneuver accordingly. That is strategy."

"No one can protect you from Buddha's whimsy, God's will, the indifference of Shinto, or the sheer random drift of chaos in the universe. It sticks its ugly little head in at the most inopportune time .... The only thing we can't protect against is bad luck."

Here are some words that are mine:

Sunny, sandy, summer beach time has come and gone; the rip and roar and rush of drag racing has come and gone. For reasons I do not understand, I am anxious to feel wet, cold, driving snow on my face. In the meanwhile, I will be scanning the blogs again .... at least for a few days. Time flies and things do not always go as planned or follow a timetable. Whatever .... remember, life is but a dream within a dream .... but, for some of us, one dream is not enough ....

P.S. Happy anniversary, Bud and Shirley; I am on the road, "out West," in case you did not notice via my visits to your blogs; still searching and hoping to find the one who will last ....

No comments:

Something special ....